Monday, August 2, 2010

Fave Foundations for Oily Skin

Do you have oily or acne prone skin like me? Oily skin types can be a blessing and a pain all at the same time. Apparently you don't get wrinkles as easily, but on the other end, oily=breakouts! I have been on a mission to find foundations that will work with this skin type, and I have had success to a certain extent! I have tried endless amounts of liquids, powders, creams that claim to control oil during the day, but have only found a couple that actually do that. Of course you are never going to find that "miracle product" that will keep it away ALL day. But if I only have to blot once or twice during the day, I'll take it!
First up, is a drugstore brand that was the first to give me a little bit of hope! It is Revlon's Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily skin. This has been a godsend for me. It is a full coverage foundation that even works as a concealer! It has this 'softflex' in it's formula that somehow manages to keep my skin more matte looking than anything I've tried before. Usually with liquid makeup, I find it melting off my face a couple hours after application. Not the case with this one! Yes, I still need to blot, but way less! This is my favourite liquid formula.
Next up, is not necessarily for oily skin, but I find it works. It is the MAC Studio Fix Powder plus Foundation. This is also more of a full coverage, but does not feel heavy or cakey. It is incredibly easy to apply, and blends extremely well! The best part? It doesn't LOOK like your wearing makeup! It evens my skin tone, takes away redness, and can very easily be touched up during the day. This is my favourite everyday makeup, because you can keep it light, or build it up flawlessly. Although this foundation doesn't keep the oil away, it covers it up with the swipe of a brush! Thank you MAC!
These are my only favourites right now, but I will continue my quest in finding makeup that suits my oily/acne skin!

xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment