Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Beauty on a Budget?!

Ahhh the beauty of Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Zellers......inexpensive makeup! Or is it?! I went on a bit of a shopping spree to see what items I could find at just your regular drugstores for under $10. Seems easy right? Not the case!
Since when is a Cover Girl lipglosses and simple Maybelline eyeliners $11? I remember the days when you could go to the drugstore and stock up on everything from foundation to mascara and all things in between for under $5! If you read my fave foundations post, you know that I am in love with Revlon's Colorstay Foundation. Last time I bought it, it was around $14 at Walmart, which I thought was a bit pricy. Well, last time I went to get another bottle, Walmart was out of my colour, and my local Shopper's was selling it for a whopping $19.99! Where did that come from!? What ever happened to drugstore cosmetics being a cheap alternative to high end ones? I must say I was quite disappointed to see that price tag, and yes my jaw did drop a little!
It's not all bad though. I did manage to find a few good things that made it into my shopping bag under my predetermined price point. :) Including a new Matte Foundation, pressed powder, and bronzer. One of my new favourite drugstore brands? Rimmel! Plus a few things from Wet n' Wild, Annabelle, and Maybelline. Was not an easy task I tell you!
So, even though I did find a few goodies here and there, is it really worth it anymore to spend your hard earned cash on drugstore makeup, or go with higher end? Soon enough there may not be much of a cost difference!

5 comments:

  1. I watched your video and will try that razor as I am a regular Venus user.

    Thanks...

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! I really do love it, and for almost half the price, you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have a favorite high-end shampoo and then a cheaper option too?

    Thanks again...

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pretty much change my shampoo's every time I run out, but right now I am loving the Rockaholic by TIGI! As for a cheaper option, I have always loved Herbal Essences, and you can pick the best one for you based on your hair type!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Missa, love the blog.

    I would be very interested if you did a 'test' of expensive stuff vs. discount stuff - like which works better an expensive lippie or a cheap one or even foundation or toothpaste or whatever.

    It would be really neat. Keep up the great work

    Susan

    ReplyDelete