Monday, August 23, 2010

Splurge or Save: Waxing!

Do you love a freshly waxed eyebrow from the spa, but hate leaving the building with a freshly red face? Me too! So, I have set out to test several different at home wax kits to find out if there are any that are as good as going to a professional. And I have good news! I have found one company that gives me that salon feel without having to leave my house! Plus...it's easy!
I have tried brands such as Veet, Parissa, and Brigettes with no luck....the wax isn't sticky, the pre-made strips are too small, or the wax won't melt enough. I was really hoping these would work, as they are a cheap alternative ranging from $7-$11 for several applications, where as the salon charges around $12 for one time!
Then one day as I was wondering Shoppers Drug Mart, I came across a company called Nad's. I remember seeing commercials for these and wanting to try it, but it wasn't available in Canada. I was so excited I immediately picked it up without looking at the price tag. When I got up to the counter, I realized it was $20! Oh well, I'm glad I did it! I purchased the Nad's Facial Wand since I really only wax my eyebrows right now, but they also had a full body kit as well. The kit comes with a precise applicator that you can either warm up with your hands, or put it in warm water to melt the wax, and you just place it exactly where you want the hair to be removed. The you take your wax strip, place it over the wax, and pull. Presto! Almost every single hair was removed the first time! I did it once more to remove a couple strays, and that was it! It gave me the exact look I wanted, in the comfort of my own home! The package does not say how many applications it will give you, but I can tell you there is enough  for it to be worth the $20! (The next time I purchased it, it was on sale for $12!) :)
So, if you are looking for a way to get professionally groomed brows, I would absolutely recommend you splurge on the Nad's facial wand!

No comments:

Post a Comment