Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Review: Clinique 3 Step System!

Okay, so I thought I would do my very first blog post on something that is very important to me: skin care! To start off, let me tell you a little bit of background on my skin. Since I was probably about 12 years old, I have had extremely oily skin, which we all know leads to acne! It would only appear as these tiny colourless bumps all over my face that could be seen very well in sunlight, and they were all I could feel when I washed my face. Urgh! Needless to say, I have been on the hunt for something that would help this issue. I am one of those people that feels like they have tried EVERYTHING....and of course nothing works.
I have tried endless amounts of acne products that claim to reduce oil and acne with no avail. I even tried the famous Proactiv, which did initially work for me, yay! But later found out that I was extremely allergic/sensitive to the Benzoyl Peroxide in the system...urgh! So one day while searching the web, I came across a forum where people were raving about the Clinique 3 Step System. I have seen Clinique before, but never really thought about using it, since it doesn't treat acne. The more I thought about it, the more it became clear: "Why keep buying acne products? Why not buy a skin care line that is made specifically for oily skin, since that is the reason for my acne?!"
I have been faithfully using the 3 Step System in #3 for combination/oily skin for over a month now, and I can honestly say, I'm so happy I did! The "little bumps" have disappeared significantly (althought not all together) and my face just feels so much better! I also use the exfoliating scrub every other day, because I find I also need very consistent exfoliation to keep the dead skin buildup away.
Overall, I have been very impressed with this line. My skin is still pretty oily, so I may try the #4, or the Acne Solution Clarifying Lotion when I run out. Now all I have to worry about are those pesky (and really annoying!) red marks that are left behind even after the acne has subsided. :(

xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment